Instructions of dealing with Ehtray.exe Error
Introduction of Ehtray.exe Error
Ehtray.exe is a component of Microsoft Media Center which belongs to Microsoft Windows Operating System developed by Microsoft Corporation. The component can maintain users go to digital media manager easily. It is digitally signed from Microsoft Windows–Microsoft Time-Stamp Service. Its position on the computer is in the file C:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe. The related program files of Microsoft Media Center contain ehsched.exe, ehres.dll, mcstore.ni.dll and mcrdsvc.exe. When Ehtray.exe Error happens, computer will suffer from the following results:
1. Failure to display music files in Windows Media Center
2. Cannot launch album information or covert art
3. Computer screen being locked by codec error messages
4. Problems of loading audio CD
5. Unable to change the program that AutoPlay opens when I plug in a device or insert a disc
6. Cannot establish the connection between Windows Media Center Extender and Windows Media Center
7. Long time for Windows Media Center to respond to user’s needs
8. Frequent freezes of Windows Media Center
9. Longer time to start up the system since Windows Media Center has been installed on the computer
10. Problem with dual audio in Windows Media Center
11. Microsoft Media Center cannot change channels using set top box
Note: If you want to check if there are registry errors on the computer, we suggest you to download a professional registry cleaner tool – RegCure to perform a scan of the system quickly.
Why Does Ehtray.exe Error Happen?>
The Ehtray.exe is caused by some unexpected computer problems, which are shown as follows:
1. Missing or damaged program files of Microsoft Media Center.
2. Settings and options of Microsoft Media Center being modified by malware.
3. Missing or corrupt registry files of Microsoft Media Center.
4. Overloaded Windows registry full of unneeded registry components, including empty registry keys, embedded registry keys, invalid fonts sections, help sections and useless application paths.
5. Missing or corrupt crucial system files.
6. Incorrect modification on Windows registry.
7. Inaccurate changes on settings and options of system security functions and system network functions.
How to deal with Ehtray.exe error?
Step Four: Select the frequency and time at which to install updates, and click OK.
For Windows XP
Step One: Click on Start menu, right-click My Computer, and then enable Properties.
Step Two: From the System Properties box, select Automatic Updates.
Step Three: Under Automatic Updates, verify that Automatic (recommended) is selected. If not, select it.
Step Four: Select the time that you would like for the installation to take place, and click OK.
Solution2: Repair registry errors.
Windows Registry is a database which keeps a list of the EXE file locations for your computer. If there are many invalid registry entries due to the incorrect installation of programs or virus infections on your PC, a lot of computer errors, including Ehtray.exe error, may appear. To repair those obsolete registry entries, you can choose to use a third-party registry fix tool to solve this problem.
To repair the Windows registry, we highly recommend you to use RegCure – a reputable registry repair tool to help fix the registry errors.
RegCure is a smart registry cleaner tool which is created with advanced techniques which enable to detect all registry related issues on your PC rapidly and repair them completely. By using it, you no longer need to worry about making mistakes when modifying the system registry keys.
Download and save RegCure on your computer.
Warning: When you are facing physxcudart_20.dll error that is caused by damaged registry entries, you’d better not modify the system registry manually unless you are a computer expert. If any registry key is deleted by mistake, your system may even stop running. Therefore, using RegCure is the best choice for you to fix the Windows registry.